Sensitive skin ? Learn the hacks to treat it better!
People with sensitive skin have their own set of problems. Their skin face inflammation when exposed to almost anything on earth, right from products that people use on a regular basis, to environmental pollutants! Also, they have excessively dry skin and they tend to experience skin reactions very often. If you are one of them, this in turn means nothing but to go out of your way to care for your sensitive skin.
First, you should swear by one thing- INVEST on your skin. This means you should use only superior quality products and not give in for cheap or inferior quality skin cosmetics. You could also choose home-remedies for the same as they are purely natural and have no side effects. Also, you should drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated from within.
Here in this article, we will share with you a few sensitive skincare tips. Come, dig in to find more!
- Choose colorless skin products:When cosmetics (be it lotion, soap, shampoo, or any other product) have fancy colors, be rest assured they are loaded with harsh dyes and chemicals that can have an impact on sensitive skin. Select products that are colorless and dye-free!
Coconut oil treatment: Since sensitive skin feels extremely dry, it is necessary to moisturize your skin, and there’s nothing better than the goodness of coconut oil. When you apply it to your body, it penetrates deep inside and injects moisture to your skin. This will also make your skin shine and glow!
- Sugar and olive oil mix: Sugar acts as a natural scrubber and is beneficial if you have dry and sensitive skin. Simply mix sugar (coarse powder) and olive oil together, and massage it in circular motion all over your body. This will help you to get rid of dead skin cells, leaving you with clearer skin. Rinse your body with lukewarm water and follow it up with coconut oil to keep your skin hydrated.
- Potatoes at your rescue: Grate potatoes finely after removing its peel, and add some honey to it before using it as a face mask. It is not only easy on sensitive skin, but helps to lighten scars, dark spots and blemishes too (thanks to potatoes’ skin lightening properties). You can also place sliced potatoes on your eyes to bid adieu to dark circles.
starchy veggies can be placed above the eyes to bid adieu to dark circles.
- Choose alcohol-free products:Skin products that contain alcohol can cause allergic reactions on sensitive skin. The ethanol that they contain makes sensitive skin excessively dry leading to skin irritation. Read the labels carefully before investing on a product. Not just that, remember to keep away from drinking too much alcohol as well. This will help improve the quality of your skin.
- Select cosmetics with calming ingredients:If your skin is prone to redness and irritation, pick a moisturizer that has ingredients like Aloe Vera, chamomile, or jojoba. These help to soothe your skin and keeps it hydrated at the same time.
Follow these tips to keep away from sensitive skin problems!